From Halal Food & Travel
Teslić (Cyrillic: Теслић) is a town and municipality on the Usora River in the central part of the Republika Srpska entity, in north-central Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Teslic Halal Travel Guide
Tesliċ is a well known tourist destination, mainly because of the Banja Vrućica, а health spa for healing cardio-vascular diseases. With a recently upgraded complex of five hotels and a capacity of over 1000 beds, Banja Vrućica has the biggest tourist capacity in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is also worth mentioning nearby mountain Borje, an attractive tourist destination, with two hotels and sports facilities.
History of Teslic
The town was settled in the 19th century with the first industrialization of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Main industries are wood products and the chemical industry. Long before Tesliċ began to rise a nearby village called Čečava existed as one of the oldest places people inhabited, there is archaeological evidence that Čečava existed as early as the 10th century. Teslić was until the late 1950s among the largest industrial centers in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Today Tesliċ industry is mostly based on the production of wood, milk, clothing, telecommunications, electro industry, metallic industry and building construction.
Travel as a Muslim to Teslic
Tesliċ has a beautiful countryside to drive in as the scenery is spectacular. Enjoy the scenic route to Banja Luka via mount Borja and Liplje Monastery.
Buy a Flight ticket to and from Teslic
The closest regional and international airport is Banja Luka, about an hour away for Teslic. If arriving by plane, the best deals are to travel via Belgrade (Serbia) Nikola Tesla International Airport, Sarajevo (Bosna and Herzegovina) (shorter route), or Zagreb, Croatia.
Travel on a Bus in Teslic
You can try and find direct bus lines from some of European cities to Teslic and Doboj (about 25km from Teslic), but in that case your journey may be quite long. A bus from Belgrade costs about 12 Euros (Oct 2006), Buses also run from Sarajevo and other cities.
Bus Zagreb - Doboj Departure: 14:00 Arrival: about 18:00
Price (one-way): about 13 Euro.
Belgrade Bus Station Železnička 4, 2644-455 Ticket Offices 00-24 Information and reservation, tel. 2636-299 (5.30 AM -10.00 PM) BAS turist, Železnička 4, tel. 2658-759, 2627-146 (7.00 AM - 8.00 PM) BAS turist, Sremska, tel. 2622-526, 180-377 (8.00 AM -8.00 PM)
Bus Belgrade – Doboj Departure:07:00 - Arrival: 13:00 Departure:10:00 - Arrival: 16:00 Departure:22:30 - Arrival: 04:30
Bus Novi Sad – Doboj Departure:06:00 - Arrival: around 11:00 Departure:07:00 - Arrival: around 12:00 Departure:07:30 - Arrival: around 12:30
Muslim Friendly Rail Holidays in Teslic
Railway options are pretty good as Doboj is railway junction of BiH. From European countries, direct lines from Belgrade, Zagreb, Sarajevo and Nis are bus and railway lines, as follows:
Train Zagreb – Doboj Departure: 8:57 Arrival: 14:55 Price (one-way): about 15 Euro.
Train Belgrade – Doboj Departure: 15:30 Arrival: 22:30 Price (one-way): about 11Euro.
Train Budapest – Doboj Departure: 17:45 Arrival: 02:27 Price (one-way): about 35 Euro.
Train Sarajevo – Doboj Departure: 10:41 Arrival: 13:34 Departure: 20:32 Arrival: 23:25 Price (one-way): about 9 Euro.
For more information – www.zrs-rs.com
How to get around in Teslic
The best way to get around is on foot. For taxi service, go to Tesliċ main square by the newly built Serb Orthodox Church. Hitching is not advised, and walking between towns can prove dangerous (including in areas which may not have been de-mined).
- Local bus company, Teslić-prevoz a.d., Krajiška bb, Phone: 053/430-083
What to see in Teslic
- Liplje Monastery - Through the mountains from Teslic to Banja Luka is a stunning Orthodox monastery from the 14th century. Liplje Monastery's (Liplje bb; architecture lends itself to one of the most beautiful sacred places in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is open to visitors.
- Duke Momčilo Stones - About 5 km to the South-East from the city center there is a location of medieval tombstones of Duke Momčilo.
- Rastusa Caves - Located between Teslic and Doboj, about 12 km from the city center.
- Turistički savez opštine Teslić, Karađorđeva bb, Phone: 053/430-761
- Sineks d.o.o. , Karađorđeva L/B, Phone: 053/435-829
- Turističko društvo Borja Teslić, Banja Vrućica bb, Phone: 053/421-200
What to do in Teslic
- Annual Fish Stew Festival (August) on Usora river beach.
- Watch Proleter Teslic Football Club at Radolinka Stadium by the river Usora.
- Hunt with Lovačko društvo "Borja" (The Official Hunting Organization of Teslic), Marka Pejića H-28, Phone: 053/430-810
- Try fresh testing mineral water at Banja Vrucica Springs (2.5KM from Teslic main square)
Halal Restaurants in Teslic
The most available food in Teslic is Cevapi (normally 2-4 KM), the ubiquitous Balkan kebab. Two prominent variations exist - the "Banja Luka" Cevap, a larger Halal kebab with a square shape, and the Sarajevo Cevap, smaller and round. If not had before, every visitor should try an order of Cevapi at least once. There are several variations of pita (around 2KM), a sometimes-greasy pastry made of filo dough and stuffed with meat (Burek), cheese (Sirnica), spinach (Zeljanica), potatoes (Krompirusa) or apple (Jabukovaca).
Muslim Friendly Hotels in Teslic
Tesliċ is a very popular tourist destination in the region, mainly because of the Banja Vrućica, а health spa for healing cardio-vascular diseases. With a complex of five hotels and a capacity of over 1000 beds, Banja Vrućica has the biggest tourist capacity in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is also worth mentioning nearby mountain Borje, an attractive tourist destination, with two hotels and sports facilities and nearby Liplje Monastery.
- SCR Hajdučke vode, Borje bb, Phone: 053/441-001 (Recommended)
- Hotel Crna Gora, Svetog Save 52, Phone: 053/431-842 (Center)
- Hotel Trogir-Blatnica a.d., Blatnica bb, Phone: 053/446-503 (Blatnica is about 30km away)
- Motel Rođo, Đulići bb, Phone: 053/420-000
Spa of Vrucica (Banja Vrucica) The thermo-mineral water, as the most important resource, the geographic position and the climate, the arranged complex and built capacitis, as well as the people factor, contributed that the Spa offers a very wide spectrum of healt services today, out of them are an included part of defined health programms.
The accommodation capacity of Vrucica Spa are circled to some more than 1000 beds so far, and including private accommodation of about 500 categorized beds, make this Spa complex a leader in our environment in the area of the health, congress and recreation tourism.
Banja Vrucica Complex Hotels
- The Kardial Hotel - 435 beds, restaurant with teracce (600 seats), night club, cafe exchange office and boutique, congress hall with (450 seats), ten congress rooms (20 to 100 seats), additional equipment, additional service, etc. recreation: bowling, swimming pool, trim-cabinet, fitness-room. Phone: +38753/421-200
- The Posavina Hotel - 270 beds, restaurant with terrace (280 seats), therapy room, night club and boutique. Phone: +38753/430-345
- The Hercegovina Hotel - 158 beds, complete prevention, treatment and rehabilitation programme. Phone: +38753/430-270
- The Serbia Hotel - 179 beds, aperitiv bar, pizzeria, four small saloons with 20-100 seats. It is connected with central treatment center (all medical services are provided here), hotel Herzegovina and restaurant Ozren by heated underground tunnel. Phone: +38753/436-992
How to work legally in Teslic
With one of the highest unemployment rates in Europe (in some areas up to 40%, official rate 17%), it will be unlikely you will find legitimate employment in the country.
Stay safe as a Muslim in Teslic
If you plan on traveling off the beaten path in Teslic region, be aware of the estimated 5 million land mines left around the countryside during the war of 1992-1995. In rural areas try to stay on paved areas if possible, and never touch any unarmed explosive device. Houses and private property were often rigged with mines as their owners fled during the war. If an area or property looks abandoned, stay away from it until it has been cleared by a demining team.
Local Customs in Teslic
Yugoslav civil war and land mines
Respect the ethnic differences of the people in the Teslic region and their effort to move past the Yugoslav civil war. It is important to be careful in areas where there is still tension and to ensure that one does not offend a particular group due to indifference or sheer ignorance. Always consult local tour guides for advice on the natural dangers and land mines.
Explore more Halal Friendly Destinations from Teslic
Copyright 2015 - 2023. All Rights reserved by eHalal Group Co., Ltd.